Looking for a keto-friendly version of the classic Italian dish, Chicken Parmesan? You’re in luck! This recipe takes the traditional flavors you love and gives them a low-carb twist.
Indulge in a mouthwatering combination of tender chicken, zesty marinara sauce, and melted cheese, all while sticking to your ketogenic diet goals. Let’s dive into this low-carb recipe for a delectable and guilt-free Keto snack.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Half teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, combine the almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the breading mixture.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Then coat the chicken evenly with the almond flour mixture, pressing gently to adhere the breading.
- Place the coated chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the breading is golden and crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, warm the sugar-free marinara sauce in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and spoon a generous amount of marinara sauce over each breast.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the marinara sauce.
- Return the chicken to the oven and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the Chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves for an added touch of freshness and flavor.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 24g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs: 4g
This keto-friendly recipe offers all the flavors you love without compromising your low-carb lifestyle.
With its crispy almond flour breading, juicy chicken, and gooey melted cheese, it’s a satisfying meal that will leave you feeling both indulged and accomplished. Enjoy this Italian-inspired dish while staying on track with your ketogenic diet goals.
Remember, adjusting traditional recipes to fit your dietary needs can be both delicious and creative. Embrace the keto lifestyle and explore the world of low-carb cooking with this scrumptious Keto recipe.
1. Is Chicken Parmesan keto-friendly?
Yes, this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe is specifically designed to be low in carbohydrates, making it suitable for a ketogenic diet. By using almond flour for the breading and sugar-free marinara sauce, we ensure that the dish remains keto-friendly while delivering the classic flavors of Chicken Parmesan.
2. Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?
While almond flour is commonly used in keto recipes due to its low carbohydrate content, you can substitute it with coconut flour if desired. Keep in mind that coconut flour absorbs more liquid than almond flour, so you may need to adjust the quantity accordingly.
3. What can I serve with Keto Chicken Parmesan?
To complete your keto-friendly meal, you can serve Keto Chicken Parmesan with a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower. You can also pair it with a fresh green salad dressed with olive oil and vinegar for a refreshing contrast.
4. Can I freeze Keto Chicken Parmesan?
Yes, you can freeze Keto Chicken Parmesan for future meals. After baking, allow the dish to cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container. When ready to enjoy, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven until warmed through.
5. Are there any variations of Keto Chicken Parmesan?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different cheeses, such as using a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan for added flavor. Additionally, you can incorporate herbs like basil or oregano into the breading mixture to enhance the Italian taste.
6. Can I make Keto Chicken Parmesan in an air fryer?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for cooking in an air fryer. Follow the instructions for breading the chicken, then place it in the air fryer basket. Cook at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the breading is crispy. Add the marinara sauce and cheese during the last few minutes of cooking